Binance supports a large number of cryptocurrencies, and its ability to ensure fast exchange between fiat and volatile currencies makes it a popular choice for many cryptocurrency users.
So if that combination of crypto support and fast transaction times piques your interest, it’s time to create your first Binance account. Read on for a practical guide through the process of creating a Binance account on its mobile and web app, including tips to help make verifying your account easier.
Requirements to create a Binance account
To complete your Binance account registration, you will need to complete the verification stage (KYC, acronym for “know your customer”). The credentials required for KYC by Binance vary from region to region and depend on the type of account.
However, if you live in the US, any of the following documents will allow you to pass Binance’s KYC:
- A valid passport.
- ID issued by the government.
- Driver’s license.
- PAN card or your social security number.
- Your voter ID.
When you get to the identification verification stage, choose an identification option with a serial number instead of one that requires scanning. For example, IDs like a driver’s license or passport usually require scanning, which sometimes makes verification slow. But number input verification options like your SSN or BVN are faster as Binance automatically verifies the digits.
You can create a Binance account through the mobile or web app (on your desktop). Although the process is practically the same on both platforms, we will follow the steps for both.
How to create a Binance account on the mobile app
There are several ways to create an account on Binance. You can do this through your email address, phone number, or Google account. And if you’re using a Mac or iPhone, you can sign in using your Apple ID. The email address option is better as it is more inclusive.
To begin registration on the mobile app, install Binance on your smartphone via the Play Store or App Store if you haven’t already done so.
Discharge: Binance for Android | iOS (Free)
Open the mobile app and follow these instructions:
- Play Register at the top left. Then select Sign up with phone or email.
- Then select your country of residence in the Country/area of residence dropdown.
- Select Create personal account.
- Provide your email address and password and touch next. To choose Yes either Nope towards the bottom of the screen to receive updates from Binance or not.
- You may get a security check screen. Complete it by sliding the lock into place.
- Now check your mail inbox for the Binance email verification code. Copy it and paste it into the Email verification code countryside. then he hits next.
- If prompted, touch Enable allow biometric authentication for Binance.
- Next, provide your phone number and touch Next. Verify your phone number if prompted.
- Click check now to start the Binance KYC process.
You will see the steps for KYC in the next subsection.
Complete Binance KYC on the mobile app
The verification phase (KYC) is the most crucial stage in Binance registration. You cannot trade or exchange currencies on Binance without completing this phase.
In addition to facial recognition issues, people are turned away for common mistakes, such as providing incorrect personal information during KYC. Make sure you fill in your credentials correctly where prompted.
To complete the KYC phase after clicking check now:
- Fill the identity information fields correctly and touch Continue to proceed.
- Please provide your residential address, zip code and city name in the fields provided. then play Continue.
- Next is the document selection page. Play Other documents to view a list of other accepted documents. Select one of these and touch Continue.
- If the selected document type requires scanning, make sure your camera covers all angles. Next, avoid a dimly lit environment. Otherwise, enter the identification number in the given field. Play Continue.
- Once this phase is over, the app will take you to the facial recognition stage. Play Start Verification. The AI may ask you to tilt your head, blink, or smile at points. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Take off your hat or glasses and avoid using a camera filter at this point. Also, make sure there is enough lighting in the surrounding area and place your smartphone in a vertical position. You could even ask someone to help you with the rear camera to get a better result.
- You will receive an automatic success message on the next page if the face verification was successful. Close this page to go to your control panel.
How to create a Binance account on desktop
To create a Binance account on your computer.
- Open your browser and go to Binance. then click Record at the top right to get started.
- Select Sign up with phone or email.
- Binance should discover your country by default. Otherwise, select your country from the Country/Area of residence dropdown. Click Confirm.
- Click Create personal account. Provide your email address and password in the fields provided. then play Yes either Nope to receive updates from Binance or not (required). then click next.
- Now check your email inbox for the Binance verification code. Copy the Account activation code sent, then paste it into the Email verification code countryside.
- Next, provide your phone number in the field provided. Enter the verification code that was sent to you by SMS. then click Send.
- then you will see check now at the bottom of the account created page. clicking check now takes you to the KYC phase.
Complete Binance KYC on the web app on desktop
So after clicking check nowfollow these steps:
- Fill out the form provided with the appropriate information. Click Continue.
- Provide your address information and click Continue.
- You will then see several identification options. Select the one you prefer and press Continue.
- Now provide the required identification information. then click Continue to complete identity verification. Binance will take you to the next stage if it is successful.
- Click Continue for face verification. Similar to mobile registration, avoid wearing a hat or glasses. Also, avoid applying a camera filter at this stage and make sure the environment isn’t boring.
- Follow the instructions on the screen carefully to get a higher success rate.
- Binance will automatically display a success page once you complete the face verification.
How long does Binance verification take?
Binance verification is usually done within minutes after KYC. However, it may take days for Binance to verify your account after KYC, depending on your region and the credentials you submit.
Once verified, you will see a green checkmark with a verified status when you tap on your profile icon at the top left of the Binance mobile app. You can even switch between Binance Lite and Binance Pro from here if you want.
Protect your new Binance account
Binance, like any cryptocurrency or other trading app, needs protection to avoid losing your funds to hacking. Fortunately, Binance has implemented some measures like two-factor authentication to help protect your account from threat actors.
Although Binance does not support other authentication apps, it is easily paired with Google or Binance authenticator. You can install them from the iOS App Store or Android Play Store.
Aside from activating 2FA, avoid linking your Binance wallet to any service you don’t trust. Then stick to P2P trading on the Binance app if you must use the service. Trading Binance could get you scammed.
Don’t get stuck creating your Binance account
Many people complain about being rejected during Binance KYC. But this can be avoided if you pay close attention to the instructions during the process. Verification failure is also often due to impatience, especially during facial recognition or document scanning.
That said, you should also check the information you provide, as Binance scans it thoroughly and will reject it even for small issues.